Friday, August 6, 2010

Warm Chicken Sandwiches.


I got this recipe from Bon Appetit. There are a few things I did different, and a few things I would change. The recipe calls for ciabatta rolls. I couldn't find them so I just got some kaiser rolls. I will deffinetly get the ciabatta rolls next time. I think this sandwich would be best with a moist hearty bread like ciabatta. I didn't have foil, so I couldn't wrap the sandwiches. I'm sure this would have made the sandwich less crusty and dry.

4 ciabatta rolls, halved horizontally
3 t. extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
Whole grain mustard
8 ounces Fontina cheese, shredded, divided
12 ounces sliced white mushrooms
2 T. chopped shallots
3 garlic cloves, pressed
2 C. shredded roast chicken
1 5-ounce bag baby spinach
Preheat oven to 400 F. Pull come bread from ciabatta rolls to form slightly hollow centers. Drizzle ciabatta rolls with olive oil. Spread roll bottoms with whole grain mustard. Sprinkle roll bottoms with half of Fontina cheese. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes. Add chopped shallots and pressed garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Add chicken; sauté 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drain. Spoon chicken mixture, then spinach over roll bottoms. Top with remaining cheese. Cover with roll tops. Wrap each sandwich tightly in foil. Bake sandwiches until cheese melts, about 20 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment