Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pumpkin Cheesecake


This is a great cheesecake!
12 Servings

Crust:
1 ½ C. gingersnap cookie crumbs
5 T. unsalted butter, melted
1 T. sugar
Preheat oven to 350 F. Wrap outside of 9-inch diameter springform pan with foil. Mix crumbs, butter, and sugar in bowl. Press mixture onto bottom and 2 inches up sides of pan. Bake crust until slightly darkened, about 5 minutes. Set aside. Maintain oven temperature.

Filling:
3 8-oz packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 C. sugar
1 C. canned pure pumpkin
3 large eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
½ t. ground cinnamon
1/8 t. ground nutmeg
1/8 t. ground allspice
Blend cream cheese and sugar in processor until smooth. Add pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, and spices. Process until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl. Transfer filling to crust. Bake cheesecake at 350 F for 10 minutes and then reduce the temperature to 325 F. Bake until center is set and edges begin to crack, about 50 minutes. Cool in pan on rack. Chill uncovered until cold, at least 6 hours. Cut around pan sides; remove sides. Top with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.

Caramel Sauce:
1/3 C. butter
1 C. brown sugar
2 T. corn syrup
pinch of salt
1/3 C. cream
Melt butter in a sauce pan, then add the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil and cook until sugar is dissolved.

1 comments:

Mary and Gary said...

Oh my gosh, I don't know why I just had to look at all of your desserts because now I am so hungry!!! We have a group of friends that get together to have dinner every month and I love trying new recipes on them (specifically dessert). I think I might have to whip a few of these up for them!!! I made caramel apples in a crock pot once where you cook the apple whole and it was SO good......dang, now I really AM hungry.

Post a Comment